Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Off To Lancaster 2012

It's a hectic pace getting ready for the Lancaster Show.  It's one of the biggest events for the Cabin each year.  We go all out.  I love being in Lancaster with the quilters.  There's something about being in Amish Country and surrounded by fabric that makes my heart do a little dance.
So... in order to get there... we must do some gathering and packing.


... and what could be more important than a comfortable pair of shoes.  


Of course we have to have some goodies so that people will stop and chat with us.  


This year we are doing a drawing for this beautiful fusion glass quilt top box.  


The space in the back of the truck is getting tight.  Perhaps we should consider getting a trailer.
 

Since I am not going to be around I have left a present for my boys.  Time to learn to do your own laundry kids.  This should really make them miss mom.


This year we have more quilts, more books, pretty wooden racks and a quilter hiding in the back corner.  My friend Beth graciously agreed to come along in exchange for learning all the secret spots to buy fabric.


Where am I?  Well... here is the view from my scrappy vantage point.  Hiding in the booth greeting all the quilters.  Sound like fun?  It really is.  But really sad I can't walk over there and shop too.  
 

I shouldn't worry though... we were able to hit a few secret spots on Tuesday night after setup.  I have no idea how we are gonna to fit our purchases in the truck on the way home.  We may be purchasing the trailer sooner than expected. 

Yesterday's statistics - 
Number of Quilters present: 2
Number of smorgasbords visited: 1
Number of hours in Lancaster: 8.5 hours
Yards of fabric purchased: 101.5 yards

Gluttonous?  Feel free to comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment