Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm All Scrapped Out!

In March of 2011 I released my first book, All Scrapped Out!, in a what I hope will be a long line of fun and affordable quilting guides. Here is the cover of the book that premiered at the Lancaster Spring Quilt Show in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.





All Scrapped Out! is a book about making a masterpiece from all those tiny little pieces you have been collecting for years. I wanted to start using my every-growing scrap collection but was very discouraged by the daunting task of cutting my tiny wrinkled scraps into nicely pressed usable pieces. I set out to design a quilt that could be made using my scraps without pre-cutting or pre-pressing them first. Seem challenging doesn't it.

It was so much fun... I designed 8 quilts... plus a little table runner in case you wanted to start out small. The best part about this book is that I used fabrics I scraps to make the blocks and only fabrics in my stash for the borders so I didn't spend any extra money.

Considering the economy these days, what better way to feel good about your hobby than to use what you already have without the need to buy new stuff. Let's face it... some of us have a real fabric problem.
So ... in my later blog posts I will show you what the quilts look like and also share with you some of the photos I have take over the last 6 months teaching at workshops up and down the East Coast. It's really worth your while to take a second look at all those scraps.  

Keep checking back with us at the blog because you will be excited to see what else we have to offer and what exciting new things are shaping up in the new year.

~Penni

No comments:

Post a Comment